- In philosophy as a subject there are no significant differences between an essay and a report, both
in some cases, it is an independent and reasoned text.
- The theoretical and practical part of a philosophy essay is not separated, because the whole essay is theoretical.
- The content of the essay is determined by the purpose – what the author wants to say with his text. If the topic of the essay is not formulated by the author, its essence and content must be carefully considered. Essay content must match its title and subject matter.
- The basic requirement in a philosophical essay is argumentation. Philosopher’s interpretation or own views in the philosophical essay must be substantiated. Argumentation should be relevant to the topic or thesis and should be pursued construct the argumentation in such a way that it is sequential and connected. Everyday arguments (such as “everyone know that ”, “ it is assumed ”) are not used in such an essay.
- An essential element of a philosophical essay is interpretation. It provides a stand-alone, in its own words express an explanation of the philosophical problem or the thought of the analyzed text. Thus the author demonstrates both independence and understanding of a particular topic or text.
- An essential element in any essay in philosophy is the explanation of key concepts. It shows both the author’s knowledge and the meaning of the author’s use of the concept. Concepts in the essay should be used consistently without changing their meaning. Philosophical terminology must be used precisely, without changing its meaning.
- It is desirable to use problem, concept and text analysis skills in the essay, revealing it multi-layeredness and diversity of interpretation possibilities. Describing different positions and views, it is possible to present and analyze the assumptions on which that position or opinion is based.
- An essay should preferably be creative and independent. The position of the author must be clearly stated and it is must be substantiated by arguments. It is desirable not to stick to the obvious, but to offer independent interpretations and arguments. It is advisable to consider what the arguments might be against the essays author’s position and answer them. A distinction must be made between artistic self-expression and creativity in philosophy – creativity here manifests itself as independent and valid arguments, not unusual writing style or form.
- A philosophical essay should not be descriptive or narrative. The author should be clear be aware of and articulate what he or she wants to say with his or her essay, and construct the text accordingly for this purpose.
- It is desirable to use examples in the essay, but they should be clearly and reasonably related to the author’s argument. Empirical fact sheets or statistics generally do not help philosophies for the purposes of the essay, as philosophical questions are largely unanswered by empirical evidence assistance. However, everything is determined by the author’s purpose and argumentation.
- The essay should be clearly structured, it should have an introduction, discussion and conclusion. Introduction the task is to describe what this essay is about. In the end, it is necessary to show what has been clarified during the essay and concluded. The conclusion should not present an introduction, but draw conclusions.
- The essay should be clearly written with the reader in mind. Try to get the reader interested in in your opinion.
- Buy an essay paper online briefly and concisely, without extravagance, but still explain your point. Philosophical the essay should not use epithets, metaphors and similarities that do not require a thought outline. A philosophical essay is a research work that corresponds to a neutral and objective style.
- Although the use of philosophical classics and other authors in an essay is not an end in itself, it is desirable to refer also to thinkers who have addressed the topic on which the author writes.