We have been experiencing quite an uncertain time in the last two years. It was difficult to believe in forecasts, even from industry professionals.
Covid-19 has taught us the importance of quick adaptation and thriving in whatever resources we have. Many sectors are taking this lesson very seriously in 2022.
Many trends took over the recruitment industry in 2021, and 2022 is almost the same, with unprecedented events awaiting to shape our business models like never before.
This article is put together after thoroughly analyzing recruitment trends of the past three years.
Throughout the article, you will notice how this year’s trends are very different from the previous ones and how their appropriate implementation can boost your business.
Recruiting Trend #1: Collaborative Hiring
Collaborative hiring or team-based recruitment method allows the company’s other departmental teams to collaborate with the HR department and participate in various recruitment stages like screening, interviewing, engagement, etc.
This model aims to add more opinions to the hiring process to get an all-rounded evaluation of candidates.
Click here – 6 Reasons to Be Addicted to Bulk Flash Drives
6 Primary Benefits of Collaborative Hiring are:
- It gives recruiters a deeper insight into the candidate’s potential.
- It helps recruiters identify and meet modern candidates’ expectations.
- It reduces the recruiter’s workload.
- It helps recruiters hire more culturally-fit candidates.
- It helps enhance the candidate experience.
- As different members’ opinions are involved, there are fewer chances of unconscious biases.
Recruiting Trend #2: Mobile Recruiting
Mobile recruiting has become an essential part of recruitment marketing. These days many job search sites are customized to operate on mobiles.
As more candidates have easy access to mobile devices than computers or laptops, recruiters need to embrace this recruiting style.
Two significant benefits of mobile recruiting are:
- It allows recruiters to source and engage with candidates anytime, giving them job flexibility.
- It allows recruiters to reach the audience who don’t have access to computer devices and rely only on their mobiles for the job hunt.
Introducing mobility in the recruitment process can help enhance candidate experience and engagement.
Recruiting Trend #3: Data-Driven Recruitment
Data-driven recruitment is when recruiters use data and metrics to make various hiring decisions. Using data improves hiring efficiency, reduces cost and time per hire, etc.
5 Benefits of Data-Driven Recruitment:
- It helps you track and allocate your budget efficiently.
- It increases overall productivity.
- It helps identify loopholes in your recruitment process.
- It helps recruiters make more objective and legally defensible decisions than intuition-based ones.
- Investing in the right technology and recruitment software can help you reduce the time and cost of hiring by streamlining the entire process.
To Incorporate Data in Your Recruitment Process:
- Audit your hiring workflow. Define your challenges and goals clearly.
- Choose the correct data and metrics.
- Use Applicant Tracking System for accurate data collection
- Act on data. Build the strategies to tackle your hiring challenges.
- Leverage data to forecast your plans.
Recruiting Trend #4: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity hiring refers to recruiting candidates for the company irrespective of differences in their professional or personal characteristics.
Diversity hiring is generally independent of biases related to a candidate’s age, sex, gender, economic status, etc., rather depends entirely on their performance and skillsets.
Using the right strategies, recruiters can overcome unconscious bias to a great extent. These strategies may include utilizing recruitment software for hiring, having diverse interview panels, organizing events to promote diversity, etc.
Benefits of Diversity Hiring:
- It opens doors for innovation and creativity.
- Diverse employees provide better solutions to resolve any issue and, therefore, enhance the company’s productivity.
- It helps employees feel appreciated and involved despite having differences.
- It improves competence.
To Promote Diversity:
- Understand your clients’ needs and set goals accordingly.
- Look for the existing diversity of the company and define your objectives
- Write an inclusive job description.
- Join online community groups and engage with the members.
- Utilize tools like resume parser to screen candidates without any unconscious bias.
- Create a fair assessing method to evaluate candidates
- Showcase your company’s culture and inclusiveness on your website to attract more diverse candidates.
- Leverage employee referral program.
Recruiting Trend #5: Gamification
Gamification in recruitment is not new; it has just become mainstream these days due to the introduction of HR technology. It is one of the most innovative ways to attract, shortlist, onboard and retain candidates.
Korn Ferry Report claims that by 2030, there will be a global labor shortage of more than 85 million talents. This issue needs to be addressed wisely.
Recruiters have to give up traditional recruiting methods and adapt to new technology.
78% of candidates who experienced gamification during their hiring process or even after being hired feel more connected and involved with the company.
Some Benefits of Gamification are:
- Millennials and Gen Z will contribute 75% of the workforce by 2025. These generations are greatly influenced by technology. Gamification is the best way to appeal to them.
- It helps build brand awareness.
- It helps gain better insight into candidates who could not open up well during interviews or tests.
- It helps attract a wider talent pool.
- It helps assess candidates purely based on their skills and abilities, limiting the chance of unconscious biases.
To Introduce Gamification in Your Recruitment Process:
- Define your objectives. Why do you want to gamify your hiring process? For employer branding? To test candidates better? Knowing your goals must be the foremost step.
- Personalize the gamified assessment according to your needs
- Make the process fun and engaging.
- Communicate with your candidates. Provide them with the proper feedback.
- Ensure that your gamified tests hold relevance according to the requirement of the job role.
Recruiting Trend #6: Employer Branding
In today’s highly competitive market, a strong employer brand can give you an edge over others. Few statistics to prove its worthiness are:
- 60% of job seekers consider a job role that aligns with their values and beliefs.
- 92% of employees change their jobs if offered a position in a company with a strong market reputation.
- 71% of candidates stop associating with brands that treat their employees poorly.
- 6 in 10 candidates believe that a brand’s best job is to look after its employees’ well-being.
Employer branding is a way of marketing the company in front of prospective candidates so that it resonates with the values, culture, and aspirations of job seekers.
A strong employer brand communicates how great a place your company is to work and how it regards its employees. It helps attract candidates and retain them longer.
To Build a Compelling Employer Brand, Follow These Steps:
- Get familiar with your company’s attributes, vision, values, and objectives.
- Do a thorough audit of your employer’s brand and identify the loopholes that need attention.
- Define an employee value proposition. Your EVP must align with your brand and speak directly to your existing employees.
- Use recruitment marketing strategies to attract candidates
- Write an inclusive job description
- Build an open engagement platform for your employees
To Improve Your Employer Branding:
- Don’t just focus on compensation. Candidates look for more factors like growth opportunities, work culture, etc., while considering a job offer.
- Start a company’s blog to showcase your expertise and highlight unique policies and programs your company encourages for employees’ well-being.
- Hire diversity. You can do this by implementing data-driven recruitment strategies.
- Use rich media tools for promotion. These may include high-quality videos, educational workshops, interviews, etc.
On the Final Note
No matter how many trends come into the picture, the most significant trend will always be “Recruiting matters, and evolution is the key to survive in the marketplace.”
To summarize the 2022 recruiting trends:
- Collaborative hiring can add up to your recruitment process’s productivity.
- Mobile recruiting is changing the way businesses operate.
- Data-driven recruitment will always be on the list, especially since we embrace artificial intelligence.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion have become even more critical with time.
- Gamification is the best way to encourage engagement.
- Employer branding has become a competitive differentiator.
These 2022 trends may or may not work in the following years, but recruiters must be prepared for whatever comes. They must embrace changes to stay at the top of the industry.